Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's our purpose?

Have you ever thought about your reason for being here, your purpose? I know I have. On November 22, 2007, something began shifting inside of me. I felt an awakening, an understanding of sorts. Suddenly it was as though knowledge and wisdom had come into me and filling me with illumination. The simple fact that by accepting God and His sacrifice, He accepted me into His Kingdom. It all made sense, it was all clear now. I could feel the overwhelming joy of knowing what it was liked to be loved full up and spilling over. I couldn’t think about anything except the awareness of a shift in and around me and that the future was going to be alright. I began to ask myself questions to ponder... What if you could give total acceptance of yourself as is? What if you actually stop judging yourself and feeling guilty? What if you could stop the words spoken over you that repeatedly play in your mind over and over like a taped message? What if you could do something that would make negative thoughts and feelings vanish, cares and worries lift like weights floating above your shoulders and neck. How different would my life be if I could walk in faith and confidence that God is completely 100%, truthfully, without a doubt who he says he is and can do what he says he can do and further more, will do what he has promised he will do? If I say I believe God and His Word (the Holy Bible), then I can trust him to finish what he started in me for he said he will NEVER leave me or forsake me. He said He will finish the good work he began in me. He said He has made a way for me. He said I am His child and He loves me. He said that none should perish but have everlasting life if only they believe in Him. Believing in something or someone, makes you a follower, a promoter of that belief. So if I believe then follow. No more fence straddling....just commit and go all the way with God. The results of this heart and mind change -- full comittment -- will astonish you how your life will change when you are fully committed. The secret here is to look at yourself and ask yourself "Am I FULLY committed?" If I was put to the test in some unusual, uncomfortable way, would I pass. Only you can answer that question. Its between you and God but know this, the Bible says that our hearts can deceive us. So we have to ask God and rely on Him to reveal our hearts desires for only God truly knows what is inside of us and He loves us anyway. As you pass through that valley of discomfort, trials and tests, pain and sorrow, whatever you are going through, remember that He already walked that road. Now thinking about these thoughts and just trusting God for my future (our times are in his hands), there seemed to be a clarity of direction, just barely visible, as though to say, don’t think too much about the future just yet. Instead breathe in this time you are connected to. Savor it. Its called peace and love because the Heavenly Father loves you. He reaches out to you with arms of total love and acceptance. Will you surrender? Let him love you? Let the Father embrace you as He wants to be your Daddy. The Daddy who is always on your side, who always loves and listens to you. Father God hears your heart breaking, he sees every tear.

No comments: